Silver/Mercury Amalgam Filling Warningmercury amalgam danger, mercury amalgam toxicity, mercury toxicity, mercury amalgam danger, mercury amalgam warning, mercury fillings, mercury fillings danger, mercury amalgam fillings, mercury poison, mercury dental poisonThis Dental Office Does NOT Use Any "Silver" Filling Material For The Following Reasons: FACT: "Silver" or mercury amalgam dental fillings contain from 48-55 percent mercury, 33-35 percent Silver, and various amounts of copper, tin, zinc, and other metals. Since mercury is the major component of the material, any representation of the material should include the word "mercury". Thus, in this office, we refer to them as mercury dental fillings. FACT: Mercury is a powerful poison. Published research has shown that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium, and even arsenic. Furthermore, there is no known toxic threshold for mercury vapor and world-renowned mercury toxicologists have stated that no amount of exposure to mercury vapor can be considered totally harmless. FACT: Scientific research has demonstrated that mercury, even in small amounts, can damage the brain, heart, lungs, liver, kidneys, thyroid gland, pituitary gland, adrenal gland, cells, enzymes and hormones, and suppress the body's immune system. Mercury has been shown to pass the placental membrane in pregnant women and cause permanent damage to the brain of the developing baby. FACT: Mercury is continually released from mercury dental fillings in the form of mercury vapor and abraded particles. This process is simulated and can be increased as much as 5-fold by chewing, brushing, hot liquids, etc. The World Health Organization recently concluded that the daily intake of mercury from amalgam dental filings exceeded the combined daily intake of mercury derived from air, water and food (including fish). FACT: The mercury vapor released from mercury dental fillings is absorbed very rapidly and thoroughly in your body primarily by inhalation and swallowing. FACT: Mercury amalgam danger has been confirmed in human autopsy studies, where it has been found that there is a direct correlation between the amount of mercury found in the brain and the number and surfaces of mercury fillings in the teeth. FACT: Mercury causes normal intestinal microflora to become mercury resistant and antibiotic resistant. Mercury resistant bacteria cause mercury in the intestinal tract to be converted back into vapor and recycled back into the body. Antibiotic resistance is becoming a major medical concern. FACT: Recent scientific research has shown high levels of mercury in the brains of individuals dead from Alzheimer's disease (AD). Other research is demonstrating mercury can cause similar pathological effects in the brain as that seen in Lou Gerig's Disease (ALS) and AD. Laboratory studies of spinal fluid from ALS and AD patient's has confirmed that mercury inhibits key brain detoxification of enzyme systems. ESTABLISHMENT POSITION: The American Dental Association and various agencies of the US Government still support the use of amalgam dental fillings. They claim they are safe based on 150 years of use and that there is no scientific evidence showing mercury exposure from dental fillings causes any known disease. SHOULD YOU OR YOUR CHILDREN HAVE MERCURY FILLINGS PUT IN YOUR TEETH?THAT IS A DECISION ONLY YOU CAN MAKE.YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF CHOICE AND INFORMED CONSENT.WE FEEL THAT MERCURY AMALGAM DANGER IS VERY REAL, AND THIS HAS BEEN POSTED SO THAT YOU WILL BE PROPERLY INFORMED.Top of PageReturn from "Mercury Amalgam Danger" to Library
Copyright 2011 Laser Dental Center Association
Laser Dental Wellness Center-Fullerton
1321 N. Harbor Blvd Ste 104 Fullerton CA 92835
CLICK HERE to find out about our Laser Nerve Treatment, a way to avoid root canals!